Savolit Wood Wool Boards
The composition and performance of Savolit boards makes them ideal for many different applications in building construction with their surface providing an excellent mechanical key for direct plastering or rendering. Manufactured in accordance with European Standard EN 13168.
- External cladding of timber frame walls
- Internal lining of timber frame walls
- Base Board for plastered ceilings and walls
- Internal partition walls
- Carrier board for render
Savolit wood wool boards consist of long wood fibres, stabilised by chemical impregnation and bound by cement-binding agent into a compact coherent structure. The mineralisation process strongly increases the fire resistance of wood wool. The composition and performance of the boards make them ideal for many different applications in building constructions. Produced in accordance to standard EN 13168 (FIW München).
Savolit boards are manufactured from 100% FSC certified wood.
|Board size||2000 × 500mm = 1m²|
|Board thickness (mm)||15||25||35||50||75|
|Average specific mass (kg/m²)||8.5||11.5||14.5||19.5||28.0|
|Pallet quantity (m²)||110||80||60||40||28|
Ecological & health aspects
- Many sustainable benefits
- Boards are made of natural materials
- No waste disposal problem
- Ideal for buildings comfortable for people sensitive to allergies
- Recommended for healthy living environments
- No harmful gases or vapours given off
- No toxic fumes if burned
- Diffusion permeable
- Hygroscopic - levels out humidity level changes
- Naturally resistant to fungus and insects
- Non flammable and self extinguishing
- Thermally insulating
- Compatible with all normal construction materials
- High compression resistance and flexural strength
- Surface offers good mechanical key for renders and plasters
- Sound absorbing and noise insulating
- Vapour permeable
- Easy and safe to handle, cut and work
- Proven performance in over 80 years in all climates
|Declared thermal conductivity||?D||W/mK||0.074|
|Declared thermal resistance||RD||m²K/W||0.20||0.30||0.45||0.65||1.00||EN 13168|
|Bending strength||sb||kPa||600||400||300||250||200||EN 12089, A|
|Compressive strength at 10% deformation||s10||kPa||= 30||EN 826|
|Tensile strength perpendicular to faces||smt||kPa||= 15||EN 1607|
|Diffusion resistance coefficient||µ||-||3 - 5||EN 12086|
|Fire rating||B - s1, d0||EN 13501-1|
Dimension tolerances: Slight differences from format cannot be excluded due to the organic nature of wood.
Final shrinkage in a standard temperature 23°C and 50% humidity of ± 3 %
Tolerances according to EN 13168: Length +3 /–5mm; width ±3mm; thickness ±3mm.
Store panels in a dry, level place, not directly on the ground and protect from moisture and dust. The packing provided does not provide protection from rain!
Do not stack more than two pallets on top of each other.
Frame Wall & Ceiling Constructions
- Interior plaster glass fibre mesh
- SAVOLIT board 25 or 35 mm
- Plasterboard (alternative)
- Vapour check
- Frame construction and insulation
- SAVOLIT board 50 mm
- Sheathing board
- Battens (vent cavity)
- SAVOLIT board 25 or 35 mm
- Exterior render with glass fibre mesh
Interior wall and ceiling applications
SAVOLIT wood wool boards are installed in a broken bond pattern and fastened to timber structures with wood screws and washers positioned as shown in the following diagrams.