Environmental vision & policy
At Skanda we believe the future quality of human life is dependent on both economic vitality and a healthy, sustainable natural environment. We do not see these goals as mutually exclusive, but inextricably linked. Mankind's future depends on meeting the needs and aspirations of a growing global population, while enhancing and protecting the ecosystem on which all life depends.
Environmental product statement
- Savolit wood wool boards are genuine natural products.
- The main component is spruce wood obtained from sustainable managed forests. The wood fibres are mineralized and bonded into panels with Portland cement.
- There are no VOC's (Volatile Organic Compound), heavy metals, asbestos, formaldehyde and other harmful substances or allergens.
- Savolit boards in their lifecycle from production, installation, lifespan and decomposition (recycling), do not pose a risk to the environment.
- Waste can be disposed of at landfills for general construction materials.
- The production process strives to minimise the burden on the environment during the production process. Woodmass waste is used as a renewable source of thermal energy.
- Savolit wood wool boards are 100% recyclable.